ATTENTION PEOPLE WITH ONLINE FRIENDS AND/OR IN LDR’S
There’s this kick ass site called Synaptop. And it’s perrrrfect for a person like you! Wanna know why???
- It’s not something you download (NO DOWNLOAD DID U HEAR ME???) this is all on your browser so it doesn’t take up a shit ton of space
- You can stream music/use the music they’ve already provided there to listen to with your friend and or lover (ohhh la la)
- Video calling is a thing here
- You can leave video messages (how cute tho)
- THEY HAVE AN APP WHERE YOU CAN DRAW TOGETHER SO U CAN LIKE DRAW LITTLE PENISES ON THE SCREEN AND LAUGH ABOUT IT AND STUFF
- You can stream and or watch movies together with the FULL, FREE movies that they have, or you can upload your own.
- Plus you can share photos and presentations and yadda yadda
The site is here. I have date night with my boyfriend in PA here all the time and it’s amazing. Check it outttttt.
IM HAVING A HEART ATTACK DO YOU MEAN I CAN ACTUALLY WATCH MOVIES WITH MY FRIENDS ONLINE ?@$?#%?# IVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS FOR MY ENTIRE LIFE
This is cute, my boyfriend would never do it but it’s so cute ugh.
ANY OF MY FOLLOWERS DO THISS SO WE CAN TALK
yo hit me up lovelies UwU
A pregnant woman has had her baby forcibly removed by caesarean section by social workers.
Essex social services obtained a High Court order against the woman that allowed her to be forcibly sedated and her child to be taken from her womb.
The council said it was acting in the best interests of the woman, an Italian who was in Britain on a work trip, because she had suffered a mental breakdown.
If you are not absolutely terrified and outraged by this you are wrong. The precedent this sets put every person on earth in danger.
oh my god read the article this is FUCKING HORRIFIC. she got back on her bipolar disorder medication and is in recovery but they won’t give her her child back “because of the risk she might relapse”. What you’re fucking saying with that is that mentally ill people shouldn’t even be allowed children even if they’re safe and well *just in case*, that we’re a permanent threat to ourselves and others even when we’re in treatment and recovery and living a stable life. I am FUCKING LIVID
Over a fucking panic attack. I’m fucking serious, all of this over a single panic attack. They took her baby in the most horrific way possible because she had a fucking panic attack.
From the Article:
She suffered a panic attack, which her relations believe was due to her failure to take regular medication for an existing bipolar condition.
It’s worth noting, that it’s very common for people on psychiatric medication to go off of their meds if they become pregnant, because of risk of side effects.
I bolded the above. I wanted there to be no one to think that she was being irresponsible for not haven taken her meds regularly. She did it for good reason, for the health of her own baby. And she got punished for it.
i fucking cant
So she did what was best for her kid, has ONE SINGLE PANIC ATTACK WHICH IS A THING THAT CAN HAPPEN TO ANYONE WHETHER THEY HAVE A MENTAL ILLNESS OR NOT and decide that they can literally violate her body in a horrific manner and take her kid away. But she’s the dangerous one.
Terribly sad. I hope this gets worked out in her benefit.
I can’t even imagine how terrifyingly awful that situation had to have been. Forcing a woman, against her will, to undergo sedation and then waking up in pain, without the fetus you’ve been carrying for 9 months? That’s beyond the pale. How much do the rights of an unborn fetus circumvent the rights of a full-grown adult? How much do we have to other the mentally ill, treating them (us) as less than human? She was literally treated like a breeding animal, with no cause of concern for her safety, mental health or well-being. Fuck. Fuck.
This is literally the stuff that horror movies are made of.
When K was relating this story to me, I couldn’t believe it until I read the article for myself. Have we really gotten to the point that a woman who, even just from the stress of being pregnant, has a panic attack can legally have her baby ripped out of her body and be thrown into a mental institution? Did we slip back into the 19th century, because I don’t recall any horse-drawn buggies going by outside.
This is why we need mental health reform. This is why we need women’s rights. This is why we need to treat fellow humans like fucking humans, not livestock to be cast aside when they seem a little “off.”
WHY AM I LAUGHING SO HARD WHY IS MY SENSE OF HUMOR THIS TERRIBLE
It is physical compatibility…
Pacific Rim short doujin <3 Mako&Raleigh
WHERE DO I READ THE REST OF THIS
"I’ve got a whole stack of books in my cart. Most of them are advance copies. I know a place where they get thrown out."
“How many books have you read?”
“So why are you homeless?”
“I’ve tried to work a job a bunch of times. But then I get sad, and then I get high, and things fall apart.”
On the other hand, my nose flaring abilities are pretty good
For some reason I thought about this a lot as a kid
Formatting your Manuscript
If you’re planning on one day turning your manuscript in to literary agents and publishing houses, you need to make sure it’s formatted correctly. In many cases, your manuscript will be skipped over if it isn’t done to industry standard, so here’s the basics that you’ll need if you don’t want to be ignored. Before I get started, please know that this is aimed specifically at fiction manuscripts. If you’re writing non-fiction or a memoir, the expectations will be different, so it would be wise to Google what you need.
- Make sure your font is 12 point Times New Roman, Courier New, or Arial. These are the only three fonts you are allowed to pick from.
- Your spacing should be 1 inch on all sides of the text. This is the default on most word processors, but double check your settings just to be sure.
- Your text should be double spaced.
- All of your indentations must be a half inch. Do not press indent. Instead, drag over the top arrow on the ruler to have every new paragraph automatically indent.
The Title Page
- The top left-hand corner of your title page will have all your personal information. They want to see your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, the novel’s genre, and word count.
- Your novel’s title is allowed to be between 20-24 point font if you want. Bold is also an option, but not necessary.
- The title will appear halfway down the title page.
- “A novel by [your name]” will be about three quarters of the way down the page.
The Next Pages
- If you have a dedication, it will be on its own page.
- If you have some sort of verse or quote, those will also need their own pages.
- Do not include a page for acknowledgements.
- Chapter titles will be 12 point font. No bolding or italics.
- Chapters will start from one quarter to halfway down the page.
- An easy way to format chapter headings is to press enter five or six times
- Make sure you always start your chapters the same way every time.
- When you start a new chapter, make sure you use a page break to bump the new chapter onto a new page. This will keep it in place so that it will never budge, no matter how much you cut out or add to the previous chapter.
- Page numbers will start with 1 on Chapter 1 of your manuscript. Page numbers will not appear on the title page or dedication page.
- Page 1 will be labeled in the footer of Chapter 1. It should be centered.
- Page 2 will be in the header of the next page.
- From page 2 onward, your headers will be labeled like this:
- If you insert a section break after the title and dedication pages, it will make it easier to insert the page numbers.
For the most part, this is the most important of what you’ll need to know for formatting your manuscript. I used this video as reference, so I’m trusting everything it says is true because it was made by an author who has several novels published, and because it was uploaded this year, it should be up to date.
But just remember, whenever you go to turn in a manuscript, make sure you check the website of the agent or publisher you’re trying to contact. They might have specifications that differ with the ones stated in this video, and you should always do whatever you can to abide by what they want.
Reblogging aggressively. Some publishers will throw your manuscript into the slush pile or, worse, the trash if you don’t follow their desired format. Spec fic publishers are especially strict about manuscript formatting.
Also reblogging aggressively.